Tuesday, July 10, 2012

TAST-WEEK 28-UP AND DOWN BUTTONHOLE

This week's stitch on Take a Stitch Tuesday was the Up and Down Buttonhole.  This is another one I have never done, but it was easy, and I loved it.  I will definitely be adding this one to my stitch list.  You can read more about Sharon B's Take a Stitch Tuesday here.






Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my days off, and I feel I had a pretty productive day.  Back in 2008 I participated in Sharon B's Take it Further,  This was my project I made.  I had started out with the idea of a starfish, which I see every day as I leave my office.  I stamped some starfish and added a piece of the border of the wallpaper which hangs in my bathroom.  This project I had intended to frame, but it got buried under a pile of "stuff" in my office.  Then I discovered it wasn't a standard frame.  So I asked my dear husband to make me a rustic-looking frame.  I spent my 1/2 day off yesterday trying to find some dark blue stain and discovered I couldn't buy a tiny tin of Minwax dark blue, I had to buy a quart.  I nixed that idea.  I came home and discovered I did have some blue stain, not the dark I had intended, but it actually blends will look
good in the bathroom where I intend to hang it.  I found the Tim Holz's corner pieces at I think JoAnn's in the scrapbooking section.  I am really pleased with the result, and after I put the hanging bracket on the back I will hang it up tomorrow. 



 



 


The other thing I am really pleased about is that I was able to catch 2 of the feral kittens that were born in my yard and take them to the SPCA.  I caught 1 last week.  Now if I could just catch momma and another one running around my yard, I wouldn't have to worry about kittens being born in my yard anymore.  Over the past 2 years I have caught 12.  Out of the other 9 I caught, they were able to adopt out 8 of them.   I neutered another 3 and kept them as pets. 

3 comments:

  1. your pic you have finally got round to framing will brighten up visits to the bathroom!
    Good on you rescuing the poor kittens and so good to have been able to have most of them in new homes, cats will be cats though and reproduction seems to be on top of their things they want to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Tast sample. Makes a great leaf or a pea pod or...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so simple and beautiful. I might steal your idea to complete a leaf (or two) on my current crewel project...

    ReplyDelete