Friday, October 02, 2009

Autumn RR, Rita's Block


The past week I have been working on Rita's Autumn RR. I was the last person to stitch on this block and it was a pleasure. The ladies who had worked on it before me had done such wonderful work. I first added the orange/gold piece of hand-dyed lace. Next I worked on the
acorns using Marie A. Frietas' book called the Art of Dimension Embroidery, recommended by
Cobi.

Next I added some of my hand-dyed leaves. I also did the stitching right beside that, I followed the pattern on the fabric and accented the trailing leaves in thread.


This is the whole block, and it is being shipped off to Rita today.

5 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job finishing this block. I liked it all from the dyed lace to the acorns and finally to the leaves and tendril running through the patch.


    Very nice and I am sure the owner will be pleased.

    Hugs

    FredaB
    www.sewwhatsnew-fredab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves are fabulous, Karrin, and I LOVE the acorns! Nice work, and lucky Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, as always, Karrin. And I love your Making Memories blocks, too. Haven't had time to comment on the CQI list, but wanted you to know that your stitching is always GORGEOUS and I always look forward to seeing your work. Big hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the work you did on the block, the acorns and leaves are great. Can you tell me what the leaves are made out of?? you said they were hand-dyed are they lace or fabric. Ellen P
    jpfitz13@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karrin:

    Your work on Rita's block is so beautiful, you inspired me to choose autumn flower fairies for the new "Fairies II RR" that will begin on November 1st.

    Wonderful block!!!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete