Friday, March 07, 2008

TAKE IT FURTHER CHALLENGE, MARCH

Sharon B's March Take it Further Challenge is "Do you ever notice the little things, the small moments, the details in life? This months challenge is to do just that, pay attention to the tiny details. Sometimes the small things become emblematic for something larger."

This is the color scheme for this month:


When I first read about the challenge, I had ideas of incorporating one of my UFO's, which is a small detail in my life, and finishing it up grandly. For probably more than 14 years, I have passed by this unfinished small detail in my life, and kept thinking I needed to finish it up.


Way before I made quilts, but after I was into my machine
knitting phase, I made porcelain dolls. This is one of the last ones I made. Her name is Kaboul, I don't know the maker off the top of my head. She is a fairy, although that is hard to see because she is wearing a knit dress of my youngest daughter's, that was hers when she was a baby. Kaboul has been moved from place in my house, sadly restricted to the spare bedroom, sometimes my sewing room because she is not dressed properly for a fairy. Her wig isn't even glued on.

For awhile this problem was due to the fact that I lost the bag with the pattern for her clothes, and her wings (for several years). I have know where they are for the past several years, but still haven't gotten around to it. All my other dolls have proper clothes on, but not poor Kaboul.



This morning noticing one of the fine details on this picture, I notice Kaboul is missing one of her fingers. I wonder where it could be? Maybe in my sewing room her last residence before the spare bedroom again. I will have to look for it.

So this month, unless I can think of a better idea for this month's subject, Kaboul is going to be outfitted right down to her fairy wings, have her wig glued on, and maybe find her missing finger.

Don't think I am going to use the color scheme this month though, as I already have fabrics set aside for her outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment