Saturday, January 26, 2008

WHAT A MESS!

I have seen several bloggers post pictures of their sewing room. I am sort of embarrassed by mine right now. This picture faces the closet where I have a bunch of drawers of fabric, a shirt to be ironed, an open container with my CQ fabrics. Right now there is no reason to put this away as I need to piece together 2 more CQ projects.















This shows where I keep a fraction of my books, threads, and all the bottom drawers have CQ trims, laces and projects. My cutting board is a mess. I have to clean it up to cut anything.











This shows the cabinet my DH made me that I painted, with 2 drawers at the bottom, one where I keep my nautical fabric, the other where I keep my wools. The cabinet is stuffed with fabric, I could not put 1 more piece in there. It is 26 inches deep too, and the entire thing is full.










DH built bookshelves that go up to the ceiling. He also built this dry sink that is filled with homespuns and built the lighthouse lamp.

The wicker drawers are filled with batiks.


















He also designed this "quilters tower" There are drawers on all 4 sides, and it is on a lazy-Susan
device that you can spin it around to which ever side you needed. (If stuff is not in the way of course!)












This is my sewing area, and underneath I have 4 bins filled with red, white and blue, and 5 huge drawers filled with reproduction fabric.

By the way, I collect baskets too!










Last but not least, this is my CQ and hand sewing area off the kitchen and dining room. I use this chair when I don't feel like watching wrestling shows with DH or "action movies", and I have my little TV with built in DVD that I can watch my "chick flicks" on.

Told you it was a mess!










11 comments:

  1. Maybe you should have DH start building a new house!....*L*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a creative mess. What a wonderful quilters tower your DH have made you. He is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fantasy land to me Karrin, I thought I had a good stash going, HA! I have a shoe box full compared to yours, guess I will have to get going to catch up. Love your room and all the baskets. A great place to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your mess,beacuase all have their site, and overall i like yor sewing sofa is very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karrin your sewing room is so well organized I'm green! lol
    HUGZ:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love revisiting the things John has made for you, and your writing is so humorous. You do have a bit of stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love revisiting the things John has made for you, and your writing is so humorous. You do have a bit of stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love revisiting the things John has made for you, and your writing is so humorous. You do have a bit of stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you certainly look more organised than me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your the cabinet with Liberty paint!! Oh, This is SO beautiful!!! Love it!
    I notice the rooster blocks in your sewing area's picture... Is this your project too? I would love to see more about it! :-)
    BTW, I'm glad that you like goodies. Boy, It was fast delivery! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naw, I don't think it's a mess! It is the by-product of your creativity! ;o) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete