Monday, December 31, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EARLY


I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year a little early. Hope 2008 is the best one yet for everyone.

I have grandchildren Kyleigh and Jaeger coming over this afternoon, and spending the night tonight. Kristen and Jeff are having a party tonight, so the John and I and the kids get to have our own fun.













I also wanted to post my progress on the Winter Quilt Swap.
I have been appliquing the past couple of days, and last night I started quilting it. My recipient wanted a primitive Christmas quilt, and I had this pattern by Jan Patek for Father Christmas. I had to modify it a bit to make it work for the size requirements for this swap. I have had fun digging through my cupboard of homespuns again, and working on this while watching TV. I think when I finish this one, I need to start one for myself.




2 comments:

  1. Okay, we'll try this again. Blogger ate my comment. =) I know you are having a great time with the grands, and what a wonderful way to bring in the new year.

    I love your Santa for swapping. It's perfect for what she asked, and you did it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt, is the pattern in one of her books?
    If so which one.
    thanks.
    I just love this quilt !!!!!
    would look great hanging in my home at Christmas time
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete